Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Iris.

My sweet little niece Iris was born in Casablanca, Morocco. Her birthday is August 15th, 2009. I would tell you how much she weighs, how long she is... but I have no idea. Diana will have to blog about here experience about giving birth in a 3rd world country.

Sweet story. I was buying flowers for a baby shower. I picked irises because they have a blue/purple color and the shower was for a baby boy. The flowers were all closed tight the night that I bought them. We went out that night for a surprise party. When I got home, one iris was in full bloom while the rest remained shut. That was the night Iris was born. I took that flower and put it in my room and think of my new girl often.

Scott was able to keep us posted on the progress of Diana's labor via email. The clinic had Wifi on the 1st floor. We even got to see a picture of her so soon after she was born (thank you iPhone). We feel so blessed to feel as though we were there from so far away and so blessed to have our little Iris.

No comments: