Monday, May 18, 2009

Papa.

My sweet Papa passed away this afternoon. It's been a long road for him...but he is finally experiencing true rest...no more pain, tears, illness...The Lord has been so good to us to have given us so much time with him. And we trust in His Word that even in death He works all things for the good. So this is me thanking Him for the good.

Last July...Papa with the grandkids and great grandkids.

Charlotte & Papa on Halloween.

My parents & Papa.

Jimmy & Papa.

Love.

There's something about cuddling up to a grandpa...even in a hospital bed.

Now this was a beautiful day.

Very beautiful day.

Ella & Papa.

Charlotte's favorite position...leaning on Papa's throw blanket.

And this is what I'll miss...long afternoons of watching golf on Papa's bed, him reading the the funnies on a Sunday morning drinking his coffee, him recalling the same story from when I was little a hundred times, someone who ate more cookies than me, but mostly just that he always said "I love you"...

9 comments:

olivia and henry said...

tears are filling my eyes, aina. i know how much you adore your papa. he was an amazing man, and a grandfather with a whole lot of love. i know you will miss him. i'm praying for you...
love you so much,
angie

The Wright Five said...

Oh Aina, I'm so sorry for your family. You have had more than a fair share of grief lately. But what a blessed man your papa was! What a full life and a beautiful family. We can all only hope to have such an ending. Love and grace to you and Caleb!

warshak family said...

so sorry to hear about your loss... but thankful that you got to see him a few weeks ago... God is so good... our thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

lots of love,
warshak family

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for y'all loss. Sending love and good thoughts your way. Meg

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Aina. He sounds like such a great grandpa.
Love from us to you all, Rachel

Sarah said...

Aina, What a beautiful life well lived. He sounds like he was a great man- one of the best that you have known. Praise God that this is not the end.....
Love to all- Sarah

kmfoto said...

we are so sorry for your family, aina. we love you guys and hope for many days of joy and happy smiles remembering your papa. i hope the fruit was a comforting thought while you were all together in CA.

love-

tim&kristen

Nat Pat said...

what a beautiful tribute to your sweet papa.

Rachael said...

Oh Aina, you have brought tears to my eyes. I am reminded of my beloved Granddaddy and his immense love for me. How blessed you are that he saw you grow up, marry and have your first child. I was not so lucky with my granddad and so wish he could have known Michael and Ephraim. Praise God that we have a promise to see those we love again in His kingdom.