1. Get back on my Dave Ramsey budget...love the principles of his ministry, but have a hard time following through...I am going to ramped and ready to go and count everything I spend, truly. This is an area of my life that can get out of control quickly. Cash envelopes, here I come (back).
2. Read the Bible in a year...never done it always wanted to and the time is now. There is a great site to help keep me on track. (Thanks for the link Lauren).
3. Writing a children's book. This is a lofty goal...so my hope is too at least get the basis for my stories and notes. I have so many ideas floating around in my head and they need to make it onto paper. I have wanted to do this for the past 10 years and there is no time like the present and I am feeling very inspired.
4. Cooking more. Oh m gosh...I've got to get on the ball. Now, I am great at baking, breakfast foods and soups...but the dinner thing is a challenge (pot roast, casseroles). The problem is I hate handling meat but need to overcome. Does anyone have any good recipes or is anyone willing to walk me through this one? I think if I try to make at least one new dish a month, I would feel great.
So there, I said it, typed it. Help keep me on track people. Happy New Years Resolutions! This is Aina by the way, not to be confused with Caleb (who I am not sure believes in New Years resolutions- you'll have to ask him). But I know he believes in free giveaways and if you post your new resolutions you can enter a giveaway (burbmom.net).
8 comments:
Great goals! I can't wait to read the children's book! I need to write more songs this year...we'll see...
One of my goals this spring is to see the Carruths! Happy January, hope to catch up with you guys soon!
That's one of my resolutions too! To start cooking more. I'm with you - love baking but dinner is tough for me. I have a tough time with the meat thing too. My resolution is to cook 1 meal a week. So far, so good. I'll pass along any good recipes I come across and you do the same!
HI. Allrecipes.com is a great website for recipes...also available as a free ap on the IPhone if you have one!! Good rating system! I love to cook but have the same issue with meat....I try to make Rell do that when possible!! Here's to successful resolutions!
"good for you"!!!...
Children's book a must.
My goals are to get my state board license, write more songs, save money, and score an awesome salon!
Cooking should be a goal.....
I don't believe in New Years Resolutions. If it's so important for you to do, why not just start immediately? Why must you wait until the beginning of a new year? What if you come up with an idea in March? Do you have to wait until next January to implement? It's all a bit silly to me.
That, and birthdays. Why do we celebrate the day that your mother was in labor for a few hours, in pain, trying to shove you out of her stomach, or in my case, the day she was sliced open and I was pulled out? It's a bit odd if you ask me.
To each his own.
Oh Ben....so young and idealistic. :)
We miss you at home group!
http://thepioneerwoman.com
Found this blog and thought it might be of help in your cooking resolution. After a quick once over, it looks like she has some awesome recipes on here!
Post a Comment