
Here's what I've learned: I am loved. This time last year...Caleb surprised me with the trip of a lifetime to celebrate my 30th. We went to London to go see Coldplay (+ Jay-Z). It was the perfect trip (recall all of the photos & glorious details here). Not only did we go to see one of my favorite bands in one of my favorite cities, my sister & brother in law surprised us with my little niece Iris. The whole trip was amazing...Caleb knows me and loves me well. It was more than I could have asked or imagined...in his human love Caleb loves me well, thinks of me, plans dream-like experiences for me...I am grateful beyond words for my husband.
Caleb's love got me to thinking on God's love...in his human-ness Caleb planned something amazing for me. God says in 1 Corinthians 2:9 that:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him."
If Caleb in his human-ness can love me so creatively and thoughtfully...how much more does God? Caleb's love is only to be a shadow of what God's love is like... In my mind and with my personality: planning = love. You might call it my love language. My finite mind cannot grasp the wonder that God has planned for those He calls His children. I long to live for this Truth, for the eternal, and for the things of God. Lord, help me to remember that you are orchestrating beautiful things for Your children. You are good.
Caleb, thank you for being a sweet picture of how God loves me. You bless me.
1 comment:
Aina
What a beautiful tribute to Caleb! Your words are so very true. It is so awesome to see the love that the two of you share. Just by reading your blog, even if I didn't know the two of you, I would be able to feel the love that is there. How wonderful to see that God has done such a perfect matching with yall, of course we all know He is always doing what is best for each and everyone of us!
Post a Comment