Monday, July 12, 2010

Home is Where My Heart is...

I am going to be staying home as a full-time mom & wife this next year. I am thrilled and terrified, but mostly I feel peace. I know that this is a specific season of life & that the Lord has spoken clearly to me about staying at home. I've always been in school, working, teaching, counseling, and now I have the privilege of using every gif that God has given me to pour into my daughter, my husband, and our home. It's been a long road of my own opinions, pressures of the world, fears...but I finally see with clarity and have confidence that being a mother is one of the primary roles that God has given me. Will I struggle? Yes. Will I fail? More than likely on several occasions. But my confidence doesn't come from me...it comes from Jesus and who He is...He is changing me and I am grateful. I will not get the instant gratification all the time of seeing the fruit of my work at home, but I can trust that God will be faithful in all of the unseen and that is enough. Home is where my heart is because that is where God has called me...









1 comment:

Chris and Kim Pearson said...

I love this!!! and... I love you... oh and I love charky. What a blessing this will be.