I wrote this letter to a friend in the midst of a trial. Thought it may encourage others too.
Hey girl.
Just saw that I never listened to the Phil Wickham song that you told me about. It is beautiful!
I love the part where he says, "In Your presence God, I'm completely satisfied..." It is so true. I can tell you that it is true! Before I was a Christian...I followed after many things: friends, relationships, possessions, career, alcohol...and found that none can satisfy...and even after being a Christian for almost 13 years, even with the blessings of a loving husband, beautiful daughter, wonderful family, great job, seeing the world, even a great church...even the good things...none is as satisfying as my relationship with Christ, the understanding of his grace over my sin, his unconditional love. God made us so that we could truly only have full satisfaction in Him.
I'm not sure where you are with your relationship with the Lord, but I feel the need just to tell you that God loves you deeply and desires for you to be fully satisfied in Him...
INSERT: Major life-changing issue. I'm not sure what is going through your mind right now....fear, joy, shame, love, anger, peace...
I just want you to know that hope is found in Christ, not our circumstances...our circumstances are in constant state of change: job, jobless, relationship, break-up, life, death, happy, sad, plenty, drought, sickness, health, life, death...
I'm praying for you now that choose to take the same path that Christ took..."who for the JOY set before Him, endured the cross" (Hebrews 12:2). Not only for the love, but for the JOY. Obedience leads to JOY. So as you pray...whatever the Lord is telling you, I pray you would obey Him, and know that JOY will follow. He loves you and He is enough...the beginning of Hebrews 12:12 says "Let us fix our eyes on Christ, the Author & Perfecter of our faith..." So my prayer is that your eyes are on Christ.
Nothing that is happening in your life is a surprise to God. He is our Sovereign Father who we can trust is working "ALL things for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28)." Everything is in His hands.
Anything I can do for you, I will.
Know that I am praying and would love to talk to you.
Aina
2 comments:
love this. and you :)
Joy all stirred up in my heart after reading these truths. Thanks Aina. How beautiful are the feet that bring good news of great things...
Post a Comment