There are many things that can get me in the "Christmas mood"...Christmas music, the smell of pine, winter blend coffee, fireplaces, stockings, pumpkin and peppermint...for me it is Little Women (the one with Winona Ryder). It is hands down my favorite movie to watch at Christmas time. I have already watched it 3 time within 48 hours. I watch it while I wrap gifts, write Christmas cards, and also just for fun. In fact, Caleb watched the entire movie for the first time and really liked it. The sound track is amazing. I think I could quote almost the entire film. In fact when I cut my hair off in May...the first thing I thought of was the part in the movie when Jo cuts her hair off to get money for her family and Amy says, "Jo, Your one beauty!" I love the relationship with the sisters and their different personalities. I am probably a mix of Jo & Amy. Any other crazy Little Women fans like myself? Oh...and I love The Family Stone. Excellent Christmas movie...my favorite scene it the dinner table scene with all the arguing...oh, and You Got Mail...love it, love it, love it.
5 comments:
The Family Stone??? That movie was so depressing that it made me want to jump off a cliff. It's one of my least favorite movies ever. (sorry)
I LOVE Little Women too! I think it always reminded me of my family, since there are 4 girls. My big sis Samantha is just like Meg, very proper and nice to everyone. Rachael is Jo, temperamental and creative. Jessica is obviously Beth and that leaves me as the precocious youngest Amy. All in the same birth order, too!
I haven't seen Little Women in years! I'll have to rent it. My favorites are You've Got Mail and Elf. I could watch them over and over.
Hey Aina--Kris' wife here :) Just had to say I've loved reading your blog and LW is one of my longtime faves too! I finally retired my old VHS copy and upgraded to the DVD last year :)
Hope you guys are doing well!
I LOVE LITTLE WOMEN! We are half way to having our own Little Women and this book inspires me insteads of scares me of that prospect! Ha!
Post a Comment