Caleb and I got the best gift ever! We get to go visit my sister Diana and her family in Casablanca, Morocco. We have not seen them for 4 1/2 long months (and in baby time...so much can happen in 4 1/2 months). We left Dallas on December 25th @ 5:00 p.m. to London-to go to Madrid-to spend 4 days there with them- and then togther, fly to Casa and spend time in their home. Here are some pics of our adventure so far...
Day 1
Travel to London on a 777. We got a seat with a bassinet and each of us had our own screen to watch the movie(s) of our choice. I was so excited I couldn't even sleep so I watched several movies including but not limited to: Ghost Town, Wall-E, Dark Knight, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (which I turned off, and Mamma Mia (which I also turned off). Charlotte was awesome and we are happy to be in the motherland and my favorite place- London, England.
Charlotte waiting in the London airport. Our flight to Madrid was delayed 9 hours and 4 of those were waiting on the plane. Charlotte was a champ though and everyone said that she should be the British Airways Customer of the Year.
Charlotte and Daddy.

Charlotte gets her own seat.

Charlotte entertains the sweet Spaniard sitting behind us. Other than British Airways losing our stroller, we are in Madrid and counting our many blessings. One side note, the cab drivers (we had to take 2 because we had so much luggage) could not find the apartment we were renting. Just when Caleb said, "Let's just get a hotel for tonight"... Scott and Diana magically appeared from the apartment. I was so happy I double kissed the cab driver...now that is embarassing.
Day 2
Diana & Scott scored big on securing a 3 bedroom apartment for us...fit to help all the babies go to sleep and let the adults play afterwards. Not to mention there are little stores, restaurants, and bars within 100 feet.

Christmas 1 day later...we brought goodies from grandparents & friends from the states.

Dunkin Donuts!

Dunkin Donuts and matching sweaters...does it get better?

Art Museum that we will return to when admission in free (Sundays).

Street view of our apartment neighborhood.

Douglasses take the Metro.

Carruths take the Metro.

First celebratory drink together.

Downtown Madrid.

Beautiful Christmas lights.

More amazing lights and buildings.

Time to go home...

Babies in PJ's and tutus...love it!
You'll have to excuse the super long entry and future entries...we are sharing pics with the fam through our blog.
2 comments:
unfortunate. that was an awesome stroller. other than that, glad to see you're having such a great time!
No more apologies for all the pictures...I'm thoroughly enjoying them! I just commented on how great that stroller is....ugh! I jinxed it! ;)
Post a Comment