Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election night.

So, Caleb surprised us with these matching shirts to describe our political sentiments. I wear this shirt cautiously, I don't like to offend people that are put off by bathroom humor. So here on election night (Caleb's Superbowl) we are decked out.

I voted today. I was thanking God on the way up to the booth that we can even have a voice in who leads our country. Although, Caleb keeps telling me that my vote doesn't count in Texas:)

And a huge congratulations to President-Elect Barack Obama. How amazing is it that 50 years ago people of color were using separate facilities (schools, bathrooms, restaurants) simply because the color of their skin? It's crazy to think how far this country has come (and still has so far to go). I can only hope and pray that somehow this is a reflection of some kind of acceptance, tolerance, maybe love even...that God has opened our eyes to...

I pray blessings of wisdom, discernment, and protection upon him. And I pray that he would advocate life- in war and in the unborn and in the quality of life for the people our country and abroad.

To my die-hard conservative friends...take a deep breath...it will be okay. I pray that you are not waking up grumbling in despair on the wrong side of the bed...not that you can't be disappointed that your candidate didn't win...you should care (to a point). It's just that what an amazing opportunity you have to share where your peace comes from regardless of the political tides of our country. 

Side note: I have come to realize that peace does not come from who is leading our country in the office of president, but rather from the Perfect Sovereignty and Supremacy of God in the affairs of this world.

4 comments:

DuckworthFam said...

And you look so great in your shirts!
I'm so optimistic about the next 4 years, a lot of people are already freaking out...no need people.
ok loved that you blogged about this.
bye.
(i love the puppy and spider pic too!)

Kristyn said...

well said Aina! Also, have y'all seen the movie Eagle Eye...thought Caleb would like it...maybe even freak him out a bit!! ;)

kerristarr said...

Girl - I could not have said this better myself.
And I want that tshirt :)

faith bleecker said...

Well said! And I love the shirts!