Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Attached.

It's weird how we get attached to things. I just cleaned out my closet (a phrase said only in America I am sure) and had so much junk. Most of it, clothes that I had been saving "in case I wear it again." It's never going to happen people...you will not wear it again if you haven't worn it in a year. Anyway, it is all just stuff...I almost cried when we sold my car from high school. I had it for 10 years. It's just stuff. All of the baby stuff I am saving for Charlotte's baby book...it's all just little pieces of paper and stuff...stuff, stuff, stuff. Here's a good one...my old website. how can I be attached to that? I am. I never even physically touched it but it was a companion...announcing births and deaths and just random thoughts and photos. I loved having an outlet and an electronic journal. It all out there on the www...floating around somewhere in a place I cannot get to for editing purposes. But alas, blogspot to the rescue. At least I was able to set a link to archive my old writings. Time to start fresh...can you help me?

1 comment:

mary emma hawthorne said...

oh good, so you are able to still link back to the old blog? that would be so sad if you lost all that, just b/c it was a journal and you didn't have a copy.
we're thinking about you guys. we'd love to get together sometime.